Thanks to ClickFlare's API integration with ContentAd, you'll be able to track the cost of your campaigns, content and widgets (publishers) directly from ClickFlare; making their tracking and optimization easier than ever before.
In this article, we'll go over the step-by-step process of setting up the API Cost Integration with ContentAd.
What you'll need for the integration:
- An active ContentAd Account
- An active CF account
- A ContentAd API Key and API password. You can find it by following the steps below:
To access your ContentAd API information you simply need to log in to your ContentAd Account and then go to General Info under Account Settings on the left side of your screen.
Then scroll down to the bottom of the page to view your account's API information under Developer Info.
Copy this information and be ready to use it during the integration with CF.
Now let’s continue further with the integration.
Begin the process by:
- Entering the Settings Menu (gear icon on the upper right corner) inside ClickFlare.
- Go to the Integrations tab.
- In the Cost Tracking Integrations section, click on Add Integration.
- Give your integration a name and select ContentAd from the dropdown menu.
- Paste the API Key and the Password you copied earlier to the respective fields and select Integration Timezone.
Note: The timezone should match the one in your ContentAd account.
- Choose the Ad Accounts from which you want costs to be pulled from.
Note: You only need to create one integration per Business Account. In one integration, you can select multiple ad accounts. ClickFlare will then automatically know to which campaigns to associate costs to.
- Optional Step - Specify the traffic source configurations you want to assign this ost integration to.
If in this step you do not set which traffic source configurations will use this cost integration, you can alternatively set the cost integration on the traffic source configuration settings.
Important note: Make sure that the traffic source configurations you select in this step belong to the traffic source you created the integration for. Once done, click on Save.
- Lastly go to the traffic source configuration settings and add the previously created cost integration under the cost integration settings.
Important Note: When adding a Traffic Source, remember to select the new integration you just added. Failing to do so, will result in costs not being pulled.
Congratulations, you’ve just finalized the cost integration of ContentAd in ClickFlare. From now on you’ll be able to see the cost of your campaigns directly from ClickFlare.