Adding a new trigger in Tag Manager is quite simple, if you have an existing container, click it and from inside the container, select Triggers (in-between Tags and Variables.
Info: Additionally you can add a new trigger when adding a tag.
- To begin, click on the + New Trigger button.
- Give your trigger a Name.
- Select what type of trigger it will be.
Note: Based on the type of trigger you choose to create, some of them need a variable as well.
- From here, decide if this trigger needs any conditions to be fired, if so continue by selecting a variable (if you have no existing variable go ahead and create one by following our guide here) and the additional specifics that will make it fire.
- Once done, click on Save.
- From the Trigger's Menu, you can see all your triggers and their details and also edit or archive any of them.