In order to use a custom tracking domain with Cloudflare, you'll firstly need to have one purchased and then start the configuration procedure as detailed below.
Let's begin by:
- Logging into your Cloudflare account and choosing the account you want to use (if you have more than one).
- Inside your account, you’ll see a list of all your domains. Click on the Add a Site button and insert your domain (site).
- Click on DNS on the left sidebar.
- On the DNS page, you’ll see the list of all DNS records of this domain (if any). Click on the Add Record button.
- CNAME Setup: Select CNAME from the type dropdown menu, and then proceed by entering the Name and Target (called value in ClickFlare). Finally, click on Save.
- Domain Verification: In type, from the dropdown menu select TXT and then proceed by entering the Name and Content (called value in ClickFlare). Select 1 min for TTL and click on Save.
- SSL Verification: Like before, select TXT from the type dropdown menu and then proceed by entering the Name and Content (called value in ClickFlare). Select 1 min for TTL and click on Add Record.
The final configuration should look like this:
When you go back to ClickFlare and see a green active tag next to your domain name, it means that your domain is ready to be used.